ChesaDel Crier – Kent, MDFor Art and Entertainment news for Kent County, MD
Support SubscriptionThis site is presented without subscription and with limited advertising. However it does have a cost to run it. A support Subscription would help with expenses and keep Local in Kent up and running.
Wanted: - Your Event listing for our Calendar
Wanted: Press Releases, Event Flyers and Announcements - Click for Details
Local in Kent
- Washington College’s New Waterfront Academic Building to be Named for Two Environmental Leaders
- Goenka, Holowesko, Samuels to Serve as Washington College Men’s Soccer Captains
- Fatal Collision near Chesapeake City
- The Chester River Chorale Begins its 19th Season of Song
- Learn about the Chester River Welness Alliance with the CBG – August 24, 2017
- Night Work on MD 213 from Chester River Bridge through Chestertown
- PotW: Yvng Swag at Legacy Day
- Fatal Accident Rt. 302 in Barclay
- Washington College President and Faculty Condemn Violence and Hate That Descended Upon Charlottesville, Virginia
- Cardboard Boats Make a Splash!
- Celebrating the 27th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act at the Library
- “Explore It!” Camp Engages KCPS Students in Summer Learning Fun
Photographsby SG Atkinson
Category Archives: Government
The Kent County Commissioners are pleased to announce the appointment of Robert H. Thompson to the Economic Development Commission. Continue reading
Kevin Quinn and his company, Queen Anne’s Research and Development Corp., sued in federal court the Queen Anne’s County Commissioners over County Ordinance 13-14 and Resolution 14-07, passed as part of the southern Kent Island sewer project and intended to prevent overdevelopment of the area. Queen Anne’s Research and Development Corp., owns more than 200 lots in the area of Kentmorr and Queen Anne’s Colony. Continue reading
The following Statewide and Kent County are part of the $92 million in grants that were approved today, July 5, 2017 by the Board, which is composed of Governor Larry Hogan, Treasurer Nancy K. Kopp and Comptroller Peter Franchot.
The Maryland Insurance Administration, a state regulatory agency, will offer a variety of consumer materials on all types of insurance products from annuities to title insurance and health, auto and homeowners insurance. Continue reading
Governor Larry Hogan today announced that the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has approved an application by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to launch a $7.2 million initiative to reduce lead poisoning and improve asthma, two conditions related to environmental conditions in housing. The department, in collaboration with the Maryland Department of the Environment and the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development, will implement the initiative. Continue reading
We are looking for businesses and organizations committed to enhancing their organizational goals and the development of a Washington College student.